Alright, I know the answer to that is no, and that my due date is still ten days away, but WOW I feel like I'm going to carry this baby forever. Perhaps it's the hip pain that plagues me in the middle of the night, or the difficulty of getting up off the floor while playing with Benjamin, or the fact that I can't eat a full meal but have about 12 meals a day, each consisting of about one food item. Or it could be that I've been having tons of Braxton-Hicks contractions (and even some at a regular pattern the past couple of nights), yet when I went to the doctor today they said that I'm not dilating at all...But attempted to reassure me by saying that well, with the second child you can go from zero to active labor in a matter of hours. Or it could take several more days. I made my appointment for next week, hoping that perhaps I won't make it to that one because I'll have a newborn on my hands.
And then I remember that the end of this pregnancy means bringing home an infant - yikes! While I'm not as terrified as I probably was before having Benjamin, I now have a 2 1/2 year old boy to entertain while attempting to not fall asleep. Thank goodness for family living nearby!
And CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Jen, whose baby girl Emma was born last week! (Our due dates were two days apart!)
9.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You won't be pregnant forever, I promise! I know it feels that way though. I know it sounds crazy that you can go from 0 to 10 so fast, but it happened to me and will hopefully happen for you. I am praying!
An elephant is pregnant for 22 months...
Post a Comment