3.09.2008

Is this what my child looks like?


My favorite thing to do every week is to see how big our new addition is (according to babycenter.com, anyway). I enjoy this because the little one is always compared to some sort of food: a poppy seed, sesame seed, lentil bean, blueberry, kidney bean (this is 8 weeks, which is when I had my first ultrasound and is remarkably like what the kiddo looked like at the time!), grape, kumquat, fig, lime…and this week is a medium shrimp!

When asked where the baby is, Benjamin will pat my belly, but I don't think he understands that this baby will soon be loud and want to play with his toys. We'll see how things go with that. I'm starting to feel better, though still nauseated at times and my energy level is still quite low - I'm looking forward to getting that back! And I've been craving McDonald's cheeseburgers like crazy, but thankfully not too much in the sweets category, so that's helping me quite a bit!

Tim is in San Antonio at a math teaching conference until late tonight - he got in early enough yesterday to walk to the Alamo where it was "Alamo Re-enactment Weekend"...He says he has now sufficiently remembered the Alamo. Benjamin and I have been playing and he's been "helping" me pack up some books and photos to get the house ready to sell. We're getting quite excited and know that the next few months are going to fly by with all the things going on.

2 comments:

Jen said...

yeah! i just got the next baby center email and we've moved from a shrimp to a lemon. :) a lemon's so much nicer! :) :)

Jen said...

yay! i just got the next baby center email and we've moved up from a shrimp to a lemon. a lemon is so much less creepy than that picture of the shrimp! :)