3.08.2010

nc visit!

Tim and I just got back (well, last week) from a trip back to our old home, North Carolina! The boys stayed with their grandparents (and completely wore them out, I'm sure!), and we really had a great time. Tim had a conference for the first several days in Raleigh, so I stayed with our friends Chris and Debbie and their daughter Maggie. It was so much fun! We played some Beatles' Rock Band, made brownies, read books, and Maggie is my new friend. I also did seven photo sessions while we were back there, which kept me busy from Friday afternoon to Sunday late morning. (If you want to see those, I'm blogging one every day here.) And we ate far too much, but it was oh-so-good!!

We arrived on Wednesday and had dinner at the Q Shack (yum) with Chris, Debbie and Maggie. Thursday morning it snowed a bit! I met up with Mary and we got our hair cut at Aveda while Tim did some work at Duke. We had lunch and Rita's for dessert. Then I picked up Tim, we had dinner in Raleigh with Ben and Linda at the Raleigh Times.
Friday morning I went to MOPS with Debbie, then met Meghan and her kids for lunch, then went to the mall. By myself. And walked around. (I haven't done that in years!) Carolyn and her daughters met me there and we did a mall photoshoot! Then I went to Meghan's house and photographed her kids...they're so cute!

Saturday I was up early and in Durham by 8am for a shoot! I met up with Jill and Randy at Brightleaf, where we about froze but got some good shots! Then we went to IHOP for breakfast and hot coffee. Then I met Kami and family at the American Tobacco Campus for a shoot, then Donata at 9th street (and Noodles & Co for lunch), then photographed our former neighbors and their three adorable kids.

Sunday I photographed Sally and Tony and their kids at their house, and my final photo shoot was of Ben and Linda (whose baby was born only a week later). Then we went to Todd and Laura's house, then to the Refuge, and then watched Duke beat Virginia with Ben and Linda.
Monday we met Daniele for breakfast at Elmo's, then Tim went to Duke to work while I met Sarah for lunch at her house.
Then I went over to Mary's for a bit of hanging out time.
That night we had dinner at Jeremy and Alisa's house with our other former small group members Bill and Danielle. It was great to catch up, meet Liam, and talk babies with Alisa!


Tuesday morning I met Ivey and Jackson for breakfast and some playtime, then my friend (and former OHS coworker) Sarah and her daughter for some more playtime.

Then I picked up lunch for Laura and I and we had a great conversation before she had to go to work. Oh, and Laura makes a latte to die for. :)
After that I went over to Mary's, got us some Rita's, and we hung out for awhile before I had to go pick up Tim from Duke. That night Sally, Debbie, Laura and I went to Tyler's for a ladies' night out dinner. Their garlic fries were AMAZING. Debbie and I about cleaned the plate ourselves.


Wednesday morning we woke up bright and early for our 6am flight back home. After sitting and waiting to be de-iced for an hour, we left and barely made our connection in Atlanta. The flights were smooth and uneventful. It was so great to see the boys, and Noah was so overwhelmed that he just started crying. We had a great trip and can't wait to see our friends again!

No comments: