5.13.2009

argentina

May 2: We were supposed to leave...but our flight was delayed due to bad weather in Peru (where we were supposed to have a layover) so they rebooked us, stopping in Peru, changing planes in Chile, and then to Buenos Aires! That flight ended up leaving at 3am on May 3rd - we arrived around 11:30pm that day - completely exhausted. Photos from the BA airport:

May 4: The faculty was starting their sessions that morning, so the spouses went on a walking tour of the neighborhood around the Pepperdine house (Casa Holden).

That afternoon, everyone went on a city tour by bus, stopping at the Recoleta Cemetery (where Eva Peròn is buried - I took tons of photos here!),











I love this one...a plant growing out of a mausoleum.

It's me!


La Boca,








And a few shops.

May 5: I did a little shopping with a friend that morning while Tim was working, then that afternoon Tim, Liz and I went to the Plaza de Mayo and Cafe Tortoni.






We took this old subway train back:





That evening we went to Madero Tango for a dinner/show - the dancers were amazing! Some of our group decided to pay for a tango lesson afterward.






May 6: We spent the day in an amazing place...Estancia La Porteña. It was a beautiful day, with lots of food, horseback riding, and a breathtaking sunset.
















May 7: I spent the morning shopping and Tim and I spent the afternoon at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, then met some of the group at Cabaña las Lilas for an amazing dinner!


From the roof of the museum:




You have to get a mid-afternoon snack if you don't have dinner until 9pm!


View from the restaurant:


May 8: Tim had the morning free, so we walked around, looked at shops, bought some snacks and that afternoon I enjoyed meeting up with some of the women and we sat and talked. I also took some photos of Pepperdine's house.





May 9: We went to a lovely Catholic basilica in Lujon. The building was amazingly beautiful!











We also went to the Recoleta fair, where people sell handmade things - we found some gifts there.

Our flight left that night at 8:30 Argentina time...

May 10: Home at last, with the best Mother's day gifts coming back to our house that morning :) It was so great to see the boys, and even better: they napped at the same time so mom and dad could catch up on our lost sleep (after flying all night long and arriving at LAX at 7:40am!)

1 comment:

Janet said...

The photos are amazing. I'm so glad you got to go on this trip. Looks like you saw a lot and ate wonderful food. Glad to have you home.