11.28.2008

so I am thankful...

It's too bad that I only focus on what I am thankful for once a year. Not that I'm ungrateful the other 364 days of the year, but it's so easy to remember to be thankful when there has been a whole day set aside for the sole purpose of giving thanks. I hope to look back on this particular blog in the future so I can reflect on what I am most thankful for.
This is the first year we have had Thanksgiving in California since we've been married. I'm so happy to be back here, even though I miss my friends in North Carolina with a passion! It has been such a blessing to see our parents so often, and our boys will be able to grow up close to their grandparents.
I have been blessed with two amazing children. Benjamin is a bright, happy, goofy, funny two and a half (almost three!) year old who likes to do puzzles, build with blocks, sing "Jingle Bells," and count to 100. Noah is only two and a half months old, but his personality is already appearing: he is calm, sweet, talkative, smiley, and pretty easily pleased. He likes to play with rattles and hold onto plastic rings. What mom could ask for more??
My husband is amazing. He works all day, and comes home not expecting a warm meal on the table or the house to be perfectly in order. Instead, he helps me clean or cook or do whatever needs to be done. He is my partner. Tim is also the best dad - my favorite time of day is Benjamin's bedtime, when daddy reads to him from his little toddler Bible and they pray together. It warms my heard. I love hearing him talk to Noah, who coos right back (clearly saying "daddy" right??).

Our parents are wonderful - they are so excited that we're back here and come see us (and the grandkids) often. It has been such a blessing and tremendous help to me when they come visit or when we visit them - usually meaning that I get some much needed sleep after Benjamin gets up! We love you.
Friends, I am thankful for you. Thank you for all your phone calls, emails, cards, and notes. It has meant the world to me to know how much each of you cares. Those of you who are far away, know that I think of you often and you are all in my prayers. I hope we manage to keep in touch! Those of you who are now nearby, I am so happy that we have gotten to see you more often. I hope it continues!

I am so thankful for God's mercy and grace. I am thankful that we have plenty of food, a place to live, and clothes on our backs.

I am thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, I was listening to this mix CD today:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/murlough23/CD%20Covers/divads-soundtrack-25a.jpg

And it occurred to me that I had forgotten how ridiculous that Beanbag song was. I guess it's fun to have it there as a reminder of the running joke, but you guys were right to make fun at it back when I liked it for some strange reason.

So then I thought, if I ever wanted to play a cruel, cruel joke on the Lucas family, I would play that song around Benjamin, just so he'd be running around the rest of the day repeating, "Jesus will never let you go!" over and over and over.

But some of the rest of the stuff on this CD, I still really love... brings back memories of my first year out of college, when y'all were just finishing up your senior year and planning to get married and going through all of that God-inspired upheaval. Amazing how those seem like such simple times now...