11.17.2008

A good weekend

We had a really nice weekend here. It ended up being surprisingly busy!

Saturday Tim went in to work for Math Day, a big contest the math department at Pepperdine put on for local high schoolers to win prizes. He came home with a new shirt. Benjamin and I did some crafts - and I'm looking for more, so if you have any good craft ideas for a 2 1/2 year old, pass them on!

Sunday morning we went to church - we have been attending Cornerstone. We have been so blessed to find a place that we feel at home - the music is wonderful, and we like that the pastor is intelligent and doesn't shy away from tough topics. It helps that Benjamin LOVES it - the very first time we went he ran right into the two year old room and played with the kitchen, and has felt loved by the workers every week. He now asks to go to church and they gave him a little Toddler Bible on Sunday. So sweet.
On the way home, we stopped to check out a little shopping area, where we enjoyed the Christmas decorations (on an 80+ degree day...), rode a train, walked around, grabbed a quick lunch, and got gas for $2.23. I was happy to talk to my friend Ivey on the phone for a bit too! My friend (since kindergarten!) Alex came over on Sunday afternoon. Benjamin quickly decided she came only to visit him. We had dinner at In N Out, and he would only sit next to her, not with mom or dad...
My boys:
Me and the kiddos:
Alex got a good photo of all four of us...
Tomorrow Tim and I are going to see Wicked, and I am so excited! I've heard great things about it. My dad is coming to visit this weekend. Life is good!

No comments: