The packers came to pack our remaining belongings this morning. I have to admit, I got a little teary as I saw all our things emptying into cardboard boxes.
And then I went to put some things in my diaper bag for this evening (we're going to dinner with our friends Bill & Danielle, so we need supplies!), when I realized that I had left it in the kitchen inadvertently.
And it got packed.
At least there aren't too many boxes in the kitchen. I have looked in all but two, and only because the one on top is too heavy for me to move. I have my phone and keys, but my wallet is in a very safe place. I keep hoping that I actually put my bag in a safe place, but no luck.
But at least our stuff is all packed now.
__________________________________________________________________
In pregnancy news, I am now 31 weeks (babycenter wants me to know that the baby is approximately the size of four navel oranges - upwards of 3 pounds and 16 inches!). Based on the number of kicks I get that come dangerously close to my ribcage, I believe it! He gets the hiccups often, like Benjamin did, and tends to use my bladder for a pillow/trampoline (I'm pretty sure pillow, I don't think his feet are down there due to aforementioned jabs in the ribs). Fun right now includes leg aches, diminished lung capacity, Braxton Hicks contractions, going to the bathroom about 20 times a day/night, and general hormonal induced moodiness (made worse by leaving some of my best friends next week). So I'm pretty fun to live with right now, I think. At least Tim keeps buying me ice cream - I guess he thinks that if I'm eating I can't be complaining about how my back needs rubbing or something. Benjamin has no idea how his world is going to change when this little brother we keep mentioning actually comes home with us. For now he's content building with blocks, spelling words (seriously, the kid knows how to spell cow, mama, dada, ben, house, and thunder), drawing, running, "helping" me cook, going to the museum, and talking about the pool and how "mama, grandma, benjamin go airplane". In all seriousness, the pregnancy is going really well and I don't complain too much, Benjamin has been as sweet as ever, and Tim has done 99.9% of the work getting the house ready to be moved on Monday. Now if I could only find my diaper bag...
7.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment