6.16.2008

some of my belly (27 weeks) + updated to-do list

hmmm, my husband's going to take over my photography business any day! :) Here are a few photos of my belly that he took yesterday. I thought I should do it before it got so hot here that I wouldn't be able to get my rings on any longer...

And our newly updated to-do list!
Updates are in brown italics!
  • sell/rent our house (I wish I could control that one...) - we at least have a plan to rent it to someone in Tim's current office if it doesn't sell by the end of June, though of course we would rather sell it!
  • find a place in CA to rent.We'll be in Westlake Village! Watch your email for new contact info - our phone numbers will remain the same for a bit though. Krista's email address will be the same as well.
  • determine exact moving dates.Yes, we have figured this out! Tim + my dad + my brother are driving both our cars across 40 leaving on July 17 or 18! (Probably 17th). My mom is coming out here to fly back with Benjamin and I, and we're leaving on the 16th!
  • get medical records for Benjamin and I. I'll get mine at my last appointment, and I still have to call for Benjamin's.
  • buy plane tickets. Again, this depends on my last doctor's appointment, and Pepperdine has to do Benjamin's and my tickets. We should decide this one soon! *We bought my mom's tickets last night, so the three of us are leaving NC on JULY 16th!!!
  • pack all our stuff. and give away/sell stuff we don't want to move. or haven't seen in the 2 years we've lived in this house. :) I'm working on it. Anyone want to buy a cordless phone and answering machine? Or need some books? We even managed to pack some things from the kitchen last week (vases, pitchers, etc). It doesn't seem that we have tons more to box up.
  • go to 2 more OB appointments here. I had my glucose tolerance test on Friday, and heard today that I didn't pass, so I have to take the three-hour test next week. Hope for the best! My next appointment is only a week and a half away!
  • choose insurance and make a doctor's appointment in CA (recommendations, anyone?). We've pretty much decided to go with the Kaiser insurance, based on how amazing their benefits are and how helpful they've been to me when I've called with questions. This also kind of takes care of the doctor choice, since I'll be going to the practice closest to us and I'm pretty confident that I'll like at least one doc there. Plus which, when the time comes to have this baby I'm pretty sure I won't care who the person is getting him out!
  • be sad about leaving all our dear NC friends behind (I probably won't be able to cross that off. You'd all better keep in touch.)
  • plan photography for two weddings I'm shooting for friends the first week of August (since I'm crazy like that. You'd all better be praying that baby boy stays put until at least August 11th!) I have possible photo lists to the brides, just need final lists from them! And I'm going to one wedding on July 26th with my parents in Santa Barbara (not working though, just attending. I'm looking forward to it and to staying with Rachel and Nathan!). And I'm doing swim team photos tomorrow. I'm enjoying getting some jobs here and there!
  • pray for Tim's new job
  • try not to be stressed out about the above list. or making new friends. I'm surprisingly calm, really. There are several things on this list, but most of them are quite easy to deal with. Plus, I can't wait to live in CA again...though I do have to get a new driver's license fairly quickly, since my NC license will expire on my birthday. Something for the "once we live in CA list" I suppose... :)

No comments: