Yesterday morning I was in the shower when Tim said, "the bathroom downstairs and the stove have no power." Hmmm. Turns out that the thermostat, bathroom lights, garbage disposal, stove, refrigerator, hall light, and playroom downstairs AND the upstairs loft, guest room, Benjamin's room, and extra bathroom are all without power. We have a warranty with our realtor (thankfully) BUT the electricians can't send anyone out until TUESDAY. I currently have an extension cord running from the fridge to the living room (where everything works) so our food stays good, and am attempting to figure out what I can make with my microwave. And I could plug the toaster into the bathroom outlet, which also mysteriously works. I'm thankful that at least we have hot water, it's not too hot or cold out right now so we need neither the AC or heat, and that at least our food didn't spoil before we realized what was going on! Now, to be creative, cooking with a microwave...At least we already had dinner plans for tonight...
In happy news, my friend Lori and her family were in Chapel Hill and Benjamin and I went to visit them! I met Lori when she left her job at OHS that became mine, and she helped me with a bunch of APES planning, and then she came back and subbed the next year when we were pregnant at the same time. We were asked often if we were related. :) It had been almost a year since we had seen each other, and it was so fun to sit on the lawn of the Carolina Inn, drink Shirley Temples, talk and let the boys play. I'll post more photos once Lori emails them to me, but here are a couple we got with my camera. (the first photo is actually one of Benjamin and Grant before they moved - from last April):

Grant was telling us about something:

We got zero photos (with my camera anyway) with both boys looking at the camera at the same time...
1 comment:
When you have no power available, you can always trust in the opposite of power to heat your home - natural logs.
Post a Comment