8.21.2008

two and a half!?


How is my little boy 2 1/2 already? Honestly, I feel like he was just a tiny newborn who kept me up all night, and now he's sleeping in a big bed, talks [to me] all the time, loves letters and spelling (favorites: mama, dada, cow, house, tigger, thunder, rachel, nathan, matt, mary, grandma, grandpa), enjoys coloring with chalk and markers, putting stickers all over the place, being tickled, and playing with mom and dad. He eats a lot of pasta (like his mom), but few other things - currently carrots, corn, teddy grahams, and cheese-flavored rice cakes are other acceptable forms of nourishment. I am told this is normal, but it can get frustrating, especially since he used to eat anything! Oh well, I'm sure I'll re-read this when he's a teenager and continually cleans out my refrigerator.

Benjamin and I were talking about his baby brother this morning [note: he usually says "all done baby brother" at the mere mention of such things] and he walked over to me, put his hand on my belly and said "Love my baby brother". I cried.

Finally, here are a couple of photos of me working at Hallie's wedding a couple of weeks ago:

No comments: